Northwich Glass manufactures all of its PVCu doors at our
purpose built factory in Northwich. PVCu doors are available
in White, Mahogany, Rosewood and Oak finishes. You also have
the option of combining white and woodgrain finishes. So, for
example you could have woodgrain on the outside to match the
exterior features of your home, and white on the inside providing
you with a neutral finish for your interior. Certain doors
are also available in non-standard colours such as Cream, Black,
Grey, Red, Blue, Green and a host of other woodgrain effects
(please ask our sales staff for more information). Our PVCu
doors are manufactured to the following specification.
- Doors are constructed using the latest 70mm PVCu section,
which is fully welded for integral strength.
- The PVCu section is fully sculptured producing identical
internal and external sightlines with concealed gasket.
- Galvanised Steel reinforcement provides additional
- Door and Frame are double sealed for optimum insulation.
- Incorporating Toughened 28mm overall thickness sealed double
glazed units manufactured using Low Emissivity glass to BS5713 KM
53237 to comply with building regulations. This glass also
provides excellent noise reduction and heat retention
- Glazing and beads fitted internally preventing removal from
- 8 point Winkhaus Scorpion Multi-point locking system
(incorporating 4 opposing high security steel hooks, 2 compression
cams and a nickel plated sprung latch with a tri-laminate steel
'anti-lift' centre hook) which complies with the latest
requirements of PAS23/PAS24 standard for enhanced security
doorsets The lock also meets the Association of
British Insurers and the Master Locksmiths
Association security recommendations.
- PVCu moulded panels are manufactured by different suppliers but
construction generally consists of an exterior and interior PVCu
skin, high insulation foam for heat retention
and either a Plywood or MDF core for rigidity.